In each class we focus on different aspects of Contact Improvisation. These include both personal movement skills based on effiency by using skeletal organization first, and muscular strength after, as well as best practices in communicating with another body's neuropsychology and physics.
Tools to be learned and refined:
– Structure and postural alignment
– Working with gravity and the floor
– Using the skeleton instead of muscle strength
– Understanding the anatomy in motion
– Listening to the information from the nervous system
– Sharpening of the physical senses
– Awareness of space around us
– Finding the dance within us, while creating a safe personal space for expression
– Listening to our body and the body of the other
– Learning how to negotiate weight sharing while dancing and using momentum
– Navigating bodily traffic
– Confidence in our own body and others’ bodies
– Tools for participation in contact improvisation jams
All levels of dancers are welcome to join. No prior experience is required. Experienced movement practitioners who want to freshen up the basics of contact improvisatin are also invited. Arrive with comfortable clothes for movement. We will exchange partners frequently so that we can dance with different bodies, heighten our navigational skills, improve our trust, and cultivate new movement experiences.
Naim is a vibrant and lively movement center located in Tel Aviv offering classes for all levels in Yoga, Dance and Pilates as well as workshops, performances and other good activities.
A large part of our community speak English therefore most classes are taught in English or are bilingual.